Do I have to register my employees? Or can we just show up to class?
Yes, we require you to register your employees ahead of time using this website through the Training Calendar.
Can I have a dedicated class just for my team/crew or employees?
Yes, please contact us at the Training Center and we will assist you.
Who do I call with a last-minute change?
Call the Training Center at 541-403-7701 or text our coordinator at 541-619-7665
How are you dealing with Covid-19 and classes?
- Each person who enters the Training Center will have a non-invasive Temperature Screen. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be, unfortunately, turned away
- All surfaces are cleaned daily
- We will practice Social Distancing
What is your cancellation policy for non-Knife River customers?
- Cancellation Policy for Knife River Courses: Payment must be made in full at the time of registration. If, for any reason, you and/or any student you’re registering cannot attend a class, you’ll receive a full refund if you cancel 15 days prior to the start of the course.
- If you cannot cancel less than 15 days prior to the start of your scheduled class, then 25% of your course fee is non-refundable.
- Transfer to another scheduled class must be made 15 days prior to the start of the scheduled class or may be subject to a transfer fee.
- All NSF checks will be charged an additional $25 service fee.
- This only applies to Knife River courses; other courses delivered through third party providers may be different, please check their information.
What if I have a last-minute Change?
Call the Training Center at 541-403-7701 or text the training coordinator at 541-619-7665 and let us know of the change. Charges may apply according to the cancellation policy.
Can I switch People in a class?
Yes, as long as the change is made before the class starts.
Do I or my employees need to bring a lunch, snacks, and/or beverages?
- If you’re attending a course delivered by Knife River then lunch, snacks, and beverages are provided.
- If you have special dietary needs, you must let our Training Coordinator know at least five (5) business days in advance of the start of your course. i.e. if your course begins on a Monday, then you’ll need to let us know by no later than noon on Monday the week prior.
- If you’re attending a course delivered by your own company, association, or a third-party trainer(s) then contact them directly.
How many people can I send?
Each class will have a set number of students. That number can be found in the class outline. Some courses are limited to a small number of students to allow for more hands on and one on one training.
How long is a typical training day?
About eight to ten hours. If training last longer then more breaks will be added into the class. This will help with student fatigue.
Are there any age restrictions for equipment classes?
This is on a case by case basis. Call the Training Center.
What if I have a student who cannot read or write or read and write in English?
If we know in advance, we can adjust the class to accommodate the student. The more notice we have the better.
When renting a room, do I need to put any money down to reserve the space?
Yes, you’ll be asked to place a 25% non-refundable deposit. The remaining will be required at the conclusion of the meeting/training.
As a Knife River employee, am I able to take any class I want?
Yes, but if you want the class to be paid for by Knife River then you will need your supervisor’s approval.
What is your Cancellation policy for Knife River employees?
- Your business unit will be charged a discounted fee for your employee(s) to attend a class at the training center. The fee will be allocated approximately 30-45 days after the student completes the course.
- If for any reason you and/or any employee you are registering can not attend a class, your business unit will not be charged if you cancel 15 days or more from the start of the course.
- If you cancel less than 15 days prior to your scheduled class, your business unit will be charged 25% of the course fee.
- Transferring you and your employee(s) to another scheduled class must be made 15 days prior to the start of the scheduled transferred class or may be subject to a transfer fee.