Five Days or approximately 50+ Hours. Three hours are on-line “synchronous” learning with the remaining hours in the classroom and outside dirt training arenas.
The most demanding and effective instructor development course in the industry!
Class starts at 07:30 daily
A course designed by trainers for trainers. This course helps new and highly experienced instructors/trainers become “more effective” in designing, delivering, and supporting training in their business, organization or agency. Regardless of experience level, participants will improve!
Course emphasis is on “active learning vs. traditional passive” learning methods. While this course is demanding the methods taught are so amazingly fun, the week will be over before you know it!
Upon completion of this course each graduate will be able to:
- Build, at least, one effective lesson plan including at least one (1) interactive “non-lecture” activity/method of delivering the content.
- Verbally & visually deliver, up to a duration of 15 minutes, a course of instruction or lesson to others using the Ready, Aim, Fire, and Reload method meeting all the criteria outlined in our “What our Students are Expecting from us” Check Sheet.
- Verbally & visually deliver, along with another instructor and up to a duration of 40-80 minutes, a course of instruction or lesson to others using the Ready, Aim, Fire, and Reload method meeting all the criteria outlined in our “What our Students are Expecting from us” Check Sheet.
- Deliver, at least, one set of instructions to another individual or a group of students.
- Demonstrate using Non-Evaluative Feedback at least one time during one of the simulated training sessions or class presentations.
- Demonstrate using at least three out of the eight best practices of highly credible trainers introduced within the course during at least two presentations and/or training delivery opportunities.
Week prior to the course
• Attend a 3-hour on-line “synchronous” orientation course with a homework assignment
• Complete an on-line survey regarding prior trainer experience
Day 1 of Course
• Revisit Homework from On-line including first delivery of training
• Adult Learning Principles
• Foundation for Conducting Classes
• Asking Effective Questions
• Four Roles of a Trainer
• Comprehensive Revisit
• Giving Feedback to Students
• Creating/Using Effective Visuals
• Introduction to the “Ready, Aim, Fire & Reload” method of creating a Lesson Plan
• Giving Clear & Concise Instructions
• Learner Supportive Phrases/Words & Inclusive Language
• Prep for Short Practice Session on Day 3
• How to Receive Student Feedback
• Short Practice Delivery & Feedback
• Linking & Bridging
• Working with a Co-Instructor
• Long Practice Delivery & Feedback
• Prep for Day 5
• Types of Student Practice
• Practice & Student Retention
• Wrap-Up & Graduation