Three (3) days or 32 hours approximately. Typically, this class is conducted outside unless the weather turns wet then we train inside the dome.
This class is available to Knife River employees & Knife River Strategic Partners.
Call the Center for more details. (541) 403-7701.
Ideally experienced Hydraulic Excavator Operators with minimum of six months experience.
The course is designed to take existing experienced operators to a whole new level of productivity, safety and efficiency while reducing machine maintenance and fuel costs.
Operators are measured before training against objective performance/operation standards and then measured again after training. This provides owners/supervisors with data to generalize how much improvement their operator(s) made during the course.
Course consists of both classroom and in-the-seat training operating machines. This course is much more than a PowerPoint lecture.
- Machine specific safety, including jobsite/mine, and personal safety
- Walk-Around Inspection
- Machine Warning Levels and ISOs
- In-Cab Buttons/Switches & Features
- Pre-Operations Procedures
- Operation Procedures – Increase experienced operator’s techniques:
- Side Slopes
- Truck Loading same level – through the gate & over the rail
- Truck Loading on a bench – through the gate & over the rail
- Changing works tools/buckets with a quick coupler
- Vehicle Inspections
- Straight Backing
- Offset Backing
- 90 Degree Backing
Public Road Driving/Training
- Country Road Driving
- Highway Driving
- Interstate Driving
- City Driving
- Left/Right Turns
- Left/Right Corners
- Railroad/Highway Grade Crossings
- Stop Lights/Signs
CDL Examination/Road Test
- Truck is provided for the test
- Student will be tested at the end of the course assuming he/she is ready for the test
- A “one-time” test fee is included with the course