Three (3) days or 32 hours approximately. Typically, this class is conducted outside unless the weather turns wet then we train inside the dome.
This class is available to Knife River employees & Knife River Strategic Partners. Call the Center for more details.
Prerequisite is a previous graduate of our Dozer Level 2 course.
The course is designed to take Dozer Level 2 Graduates to a whole new level of productivity using 2D technology.
Operators are measured before training against objective performance/operation standards and then measured again after training. This provides owners/supervisors with data to generalize how much improvement their operator(s) made during the course.
Course consists of both classroom and in-the-seat training operating machines. This course is much more than a PowerPoint lecture.
- Machine specific safety, including jobsite/mine, and personal safety
- Identify 2D specific components found on the machine
- 2D adjustment and calibration for blade and undercarriage
- In-Cab 2D display and joystick controls orientation
- Using 2D in the field
- Increment & Decrement
- Maintaining a set grade including match slope
- Using 2D on a simulated road/job project