Three (3) days or 32 hours approximately. Typically, this class is conducted outside even when raining or colder weather. If inclement weather is a problem, we could potentially train inside the dome.
This class is available to Knife River employees & Knife River Strategic partners. Call the Center for more details.
Ideally experienced Skid Steer Operators with minimum of six months experience.
The course is designed to take existing experienced operators to a whole new level of productivity, safety and efficiency while reducing machine maintenance and fuel costs.
Operators are measured before training against objective performance/operation standards and then measured again after training. This provides owners/supervisors with data to generalize how much improvement their operator(s) made during the course.
Course consists of both classroom and in-the-seat training operating machines. This course is much more than a PowerPoint lecture.
- Machine specific safety, including jobsite/mine, and personal safety
- Walk-Around Inspection
- Machine Warning Levels and ISOs
- In-Cab Buttons/Switches & Features
- Pre-Operations Procedures
- Operation Procedures – this can vary depending upon the class’s unique needs
- Moving Materials Efficiently
- Obtaining a full bucket of material without spinning tracks/tires
- Constructing a project using a Skid Steer
- Attaching/un-attaching work tools (buckets/forks/broom/mill heads
- Use of Forks – safe level lifting and return to the ground using Dual Self Level
- Use of Hydro/Electric Work Tools and using Continuous Flow
- Familiar with built-in safety features
- Use Return to Dig and Work Tool Positioner